Just when I think you’ve undermined my parental authority to the furthest extent humanly possible, you surpass yourself flying mid-air. Let me just explain some things you might have missed during our recent conversations. I’ll try to be brief, as I’m sure you have my kids to coddle, make excuses for, buy things for, pick up, drive around, challenge my authority with, baby, and feed (because apparently there is no food in my house). Aren’t you sick of this yet? I sure am.
Here are a few points I would like you to take in- just take them in and let them move around inside you for awhile until you become aware of their existence. Then you might begin to think about something other than pleasing your husband, God and everyone else – with the exception of me of course, which I’ve not come to understand yet. I’ll work on that next, when I’m done fighting you off my kids.
- There are reasons we aren’t close, many of which you have not ever begun to consider
- You are NOT my kids mom, that’s me, remember?
- Your opinion of anything does not supersede mine, I don’t give a rats ass how old you are, you sure haven’t lived long
- I’m in charge of my daughter and son, you’re in charge of church and yourself
- When you tell my daughter my opinion, rules, approach, and really all that I am – is wrong and you actually ignore me and do what you want for and/or with my daughter, you’re creating an impossible situation for us all. I believe it’s called “Triangulation”.
- If you continue to rescue my daughter from her rules at my house, she will be living at your house, permanently
- You are teaching her how to manipulate and underhandedly cheat in relationships. Not okay.
- YOU fucking need boundaries
- YOU fucking need self-awareness
- YOU fucking need a life